Anyway, my initial objectives for blogging are:
- finding an outlet for my newly rediscovered excitement about running.
- getting back into journaling/writing.
- discovering a way to tie parenting, wifing, running and life all together.
- keeping a somewhat entertaining fitness log.
I'll quickly tell you what's brought me to this point: Starting in May of 2011, I became fed up with my weight, grew tired of obsessing about not liking my body, obsessing about what I ate or didn't eat, and not seeing any changes in either direction. I had been a broken record for years, always self-loathing about my weight, but never really committing to do anything to change it. I upped the exercise, and tried a few silly little diets over the summer. In August, I began the Couch to 5K program, mostly on a treadmill, because, despite my love of summer, Charleston, beaches, etc., I DO NOT do heat well when it comes to exercise. I finished up Couch to 5K by the end of September, and started expanding my running on my own, outside. Now it's early November; I've given up my scale (it's always bringing me down) and I'm up to running ~10-15 miles per week, ready to move on to 15-20 miles per week. I have a 1/2 marathon coming up in about a month, and I really want to avoid injury between now and then!
So, I don't know what else to say starting out a blog. I guess it will show me where I'm supposed to go with it. Scary. Again, we shall see!
No comments:
Post a Comment